Sunday, October 2, 2011

Free Tee shirt for the dog owners 
Early this morning  my pooch and I witnessed the cuddliest and cutest event of the year which is the Korondal City Dog walk. It's the first time that Choco joined this event, since she's still three months old, and enjoyed the crowd of dogs around her (though she's a little bit scared with large dogs).

At 5:30 a.m. the number of participants are increasing and at the same time the registration for the pooches already started dividing it into three categories which are Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, and Large Breeds. After the registration the owners have received a free tee shirt and a bandana for their pooches. Special thanks to the Office of the City Veterinarian, Koronadal City.

During Registration
I've seen different kinds of breeds from the smallest to the largest of their kinds, from small long-haired chihuahuas to an XXL-sized German Shepherd. And what amazed me was that, it was my first time to see a Long-Haired Dapple Dachshund that really made my day. Too bad I forgot to take a picture of that dog because I really was mesmerized by his/her beauty.

After an hour of registration, the Dog Walk already started having a route from the Old City Hall going to Rizal Park. The parade were led by the employees of Office of the City Veterinarian, Koronadal City  and were followed by the owners and their dogs.

"Lakad Para Sa Expesyal na Kaibigan..ang ASO"
(Photo Credit to Ms. Lea Macailing)
After the reaching the final destination, the owners prepared their pooches for the contests such as Dog Fashion Show (Sports Attire), Dog Photo Contest, Dog Eating Contest, and a lot more. UnfortunatelyChoco and I didn't made it to join the activities in Rizal Park because I still need to prepare for our church service but the most important thing is that there still exist dog lovers here in Koronadal City and in SOCCSKARGEN area. And as Choco and I departed from the venue, it always reminds me that we should need to take good care of our pets regardless of its breed and regardless of its kind. We must always remember that we have our obligations as owners and let us give importance and respect to our role as what God has given us a control over any creature of this world. We may find the perfect essence in loving our pets.

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment